Museum of London teamed up with Nokia to extend the museum experience online, using NFC technology. Near field communication, or NFC, allows information to be exchanged between two devices in close proximity to each other. A smartphone or tablet with an NFC chip could make a credit card payment or serve as a keycard or ID card. Think payments without a wallet or credit card, your phone as a hotel key, swipe cards for transport, or objects containing your medical history. The possibilities are endless.
At the Museum of London, an NFC enabled device allows you to:
• access vouchers for the Museum’s shop and cafés
• book tickets for future exhibitions
• learn more about exhibits
• join the Museum’s Friends scheme
• buy a year of London’ history
• buy Museum of London prints
• follow, like and check-in at the Museum on Twitter, Facebook and Foursquare
• download the Soundtrack to London app for Nokia smartphones
• find out about visiting the Museum
Check out the video below to see it in action.